So you’ve decided you want to try to to sell your home on your own without the help of a real estate agent?
Here is just a short list of the people that you will have to negotiate with to sell your house:
- The Buyer
- The Buyer’s Agent
- The Buyer’s Bank
- The Inspection Company
- The Appraiser
- The Title Company
You’ll also need to come up with methods to market your home.
How do you buyers look for a house?
- 51% Search Online
- 30% Real Estate Agent
- 7% Yard Sign
- 6% Friend, Relative or Neighbor
- 5% Home Builder or Their Agent
- 2% Directly From Seller or Knew Seller
- <1% Newspaper Ad
Are you prepared as a seller to handle these tasks in order to sell your home?
Here are the most difficult tasks for FSBO sellers:
- Getting the right price: 15%
- Understanding and performing paperwork: 12%
- Selling within the planned length of time: 13%
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale: 9%
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale: 3%
When you work with a dedicated and experienced agent, you can net more proceeds in the sale of your home. The typical FSBO sells for $190K where an Agent Assisted sale sells for $249K. In today’s market, over half percent of buyer’s look for their future home in an online search, and our agents have internet strategies to help promote the sale of your house.
Before you decide to take on the challenges of selling your house on your own, give us a call to connect you with one of our RE/MAX Real Estate Results agents to see what they can offer you.
Source: 2017 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
Please follow and like us: